Doug knows how hard his clients work to achieve financial security for themselves and their loved ones. He regularly assists clients in estate, probate, and business planning matters, including the following:
- Reciprocal and single party wills
- Intervivos and testamentary gifts and trusts
- Durable powers of attorney
- Designations of health care surrogates
- Living will declarations
- Prenuptial agreements
- Credit shelter testamentary trusts
- Review and advice on living trusts
- Succession planning and buy-sell agreements for closely held businesses
- Representation of executors, executrixes, trustees, and beneficiaries in probate cases
Doug presented a seminar on “Selected Tax Issues in Corporate Buy-Sell Agreements” at the 2016 Biennial University of Kentucky Business Associations Law Institute, and served as moderator and panel member for “Exit Strategies for the Closely Held Business” presented at the Kentucky Bar Association’s 2015 Annual Convention.
Doug has advised numerous closely held businesses on exit strategies and structuring buy-sell agreements, including regional construction companies and health-care related entities.