Doug represents clients in a wide variety of corporate and business matters:
- Organizing corporations and limited liability companies
- Purchase and sale of corporate stock and LLC membership interests
- Asset purchases and sales
- Corporate governance and corporate board fiduciary duties
- Succession planning, buy-sell agreements, and exit strategies
- Negotiating and drafting business contracts and letters of intent
- Noncompetition, confidentiality, and nondisclosure agreements
- Formation of nonprofits and IRS tax exempt 501(c) filings
- Advice to nonprofits on IRS intermediate sanctions and private inurement
- Acquisitions of physician and veterinary practices and other healthcare related entities
- Trademark applications and disputes
- Negotiating employment agreements and executive compensation
- Organizing new entities and drafting of acquisition and loan documents for the purchase of an automobile dealership and accompanying real estate.
- Drafting and negotiating documents for the purchase of stock for a manufacturing facility and the purchase of real estate from related companies.
- Drafting and negotiating Kentucky economic development financial incentives on behalf of domestic and international manufacturing companies.
- Drafting and negotiating organizational documents and buy-sell agreements for closely held businesses.
- Representing businesses, industry, universities, nonprofits, trade associations, and healthcare providers in various business law matters, including acquisitions, business formations, corporate governance, employment law, regulatory compliance, professional licensing, minority ownership, risk management, public finance, franchise law, H-1B visas, applications for tax-exempt status, and governmental affairs.
- Representing physician and veterinary practices in business formations, asset purchases, buy-sell agreements, equipment leasing, franchise transfers, employment law issues, buyouts, and sale of interests.